Spellbreak currently has 2 main Game Modes: Battle Royale and Dominion.
In duo & squad queues, a match only truly ends for a squad once all their members have been exiled.
Upon taking lethal damage, they will first be disrupted into a wisp for up to 60 seconds before being exiled.
Disrupted players are immune to damage, but their actions are limited to slow movement alone.
In this state they may be exiled by an opponent early, or revived with 40 health by a squadmate, following a 6.5 / 5 second channel respectively.
Players may still be resurrected post-exile by their remainding squadmates, once they enter a new safe zone.
Allies resurrected this way drop into the Hollow Lands anew with full health, but with no Consumables or Equipment besides their Class Gauntlet. They may also miss out on potential level ups from new safe zones.
One of the core game mechanics in Battle Royale is an ever-shrinking safe zone outlined by a circle on the map.
Players must aim to stay inside the safe zone at all costs in order to survive.
The safe zone will spawn 20 seconds after match start, and can appear anywhere on the Hollow Lands map.
Players level up upon entering a new safe zone, unlocking the next Skill for their chosen Class.
Outside the safe zone is a furious Spellstorm that slowly deals damage directly to a player's health.
The damage roughly doubles in power each time the Storm fully encloses a new safe zone, and will continue to shrink until the entire map is covered.
Additionally, Mana Vaults will spawn inside the safe zone each time the Storm fully encloses it.
Dominion is an objective-based 5v5 game mode, where teams fight to earn points by capturing zones and exiling each other until a score threshold is met.
The match takes place in one of five randomly chosen maps: Banehelm, Dustpool, Halcyon, Hymnwood and Bogmore.
Within each map are three distinct zones to capture: Moon, Sun, and Star.
To capture a zone the player simply has to stand inside it for 10 s. The capturing process accelerates if multiple teammates are present, but will be paused if contested by a nearby enemy player.
The score threshold is equal to 75 + (15 * number of players per team).
So for a full team of 5 players the threshold will be 150.
If the score hasn’t been reached after 15 minutes, the team with the highest score wins.
Teams will passively earn 1 point every 10 seconds for each zone under their control. Exiling an enemy player grants points equal to the number of zones controlled, but always a minimum of 1 point.
As the match progresses, players will level up at minutes 2, 4, and 8, unlocking their next Class Skill.
Dominion features NPC Vowguards that spawn in groups of three at fixed locations.
Vowguards have 35 max health, and will attack nearby players with an arcane spell, dealing 10 damage.
Players start with and can store up to 3 Boon Gem charges. Charges fill up slowly over time, and faster as players exile or deal damage to enemy Breakers & Vowguards.
Boon Gems can be exchanged at the merchant for a Boon offer after recalling or getting exiled. Being exiled grants the player a Boon Gem charge if they don't have any.
At the beginning of a match, the merchant offers two rounds of three boon choices, consisting of random Common offhand Gauntlets & Runes respectively.
The merchant will then cycle through three different sets of boon choices between each purchase.
These Boon choices include Gauntlets, Runes and Blessings. All Boons offered are guaranteed to be one rarity level higher than what is equipped.
Boon Set 1:
- Option 1: Offhand Gauntlet Upgrade of a random element
- Option 2: Equipped Rune Upgrade
- Option 3: Class Gauntlet Upgrade OR a random Blessing
Boon Set 2:
- Option 1: Equipped Offhand Gauntlet Upgrade
- Option 2: Rune Upgrade of a random type
- Option 3: Class Gauntlet Upgrade OR a random Blessing
Boon Set 3:
- Option 1: Mana Blessing: +20 Max Mana
- Option 2: Armor Blessing: +20 Max Armor
- Option 3: Speed Blessing: +3 Run Speed
Blessings max out at +100 Max Armor, +100 Max Mana, and +9 Run Speed.
Players have access to three rerolls per match. Rerolling cycles to the next Boon Set, with no repeats of prior choices.
Note: If a boon option is maxed out (Either equipment rarity or a Blessing) you will be offered a different option.
If you've maxed out all Blessings, Minor Mana Blessings & Armor Blessings (+5 Mana / Armor) will be offered in their place indefinitely.
- Players have the ability to Recall to The Merchant if they have any Boon Gems by holding down the Use key for 6 seconds.
- Recalling restores health and armor to full before spawning them above their recall location.
- Upon being exiled, the player will visit The Merchant and respawn after 15 seconds above a non-contested zone they control.
- If their team does not control any zones, they will respawn at a starting spawn location instead.
- Sorceries start on cooldown after Recalling or respawning.
- When exiled, the player will always drop a random Scroll, but no other equipment or Consumables.
- If there's a team size disparity, the disadvantaged team respawns 2 seconds faster for each missing player.
- Players start with 70 Max Mana instead of 50.
Custom Dominion Matches
- A minimum 2 parties of 3 players are required to join a match.
- Custom Matches last up to 15 minutes.
- The match will be played on the region of the player hosting the match.
- All player Progression is disabled during the matches. (XP, Crowns, Accolades, Quests etc.)
|Gameplay • Game Modes • Spells & Sorceries • Equipment • Classes|
Cosmetics • Leagues • Progression • Talents • Class Strategies
Chapters • Lore • Garrick's Journal • Status Effects • Build Library
Concept Art • Founder Packs • Patch Notes • Archives